Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Introducing the Great Gatsby, today's guest blogger

Mommy has been sick all week, so she is letting me blog today. It's about time, really. One of her favorite blogs is about another set of monoamniotic twins in DC, and that blog is written by a pug. A PUG! Can you imagine, a dog blogger? Now I've heard it all. A cat blogger makes much more sense, no? ;-)

As I was saying, Mommy has been under the weather. She started feeling icky after the NICU reunion on Saturday. She doesn't blame it on the fact that it was at a hospital, or that she was surrounded by tons of children, but I'm sure those two factors and carrying my not-so-svelte brothers, Henry and Drew, in the heat and humidity didn't help. She said she had fun, though, and she ran into the momo twins I mentioned above. Their names are Chuck and Weezie. She said they were just as cute in person as they are in pictures. And, she finally got to meet their Mama, who was so helpful to my Mommy when she was pregnant. They also ran into their twin neighbors from critical care and the step-down unit, Anabelle and Cory. They were born the day after Henry and Drew. Drew's had his eye on Anabelle since that day. Like my brothers, they were born about eight weeks early. Coincidentally, they live right across the street. I try to spy on them every now and then to check if they're crawling and sitting up, but they live too many floors up for me to get a good look. The boys play with them periodically at the park, so I get better updates that way. Finally, Henry and Drew saw most of their primary nurses, which they were really happy about. I wasn't able to go because cats weren't allowed at this event, but I saw pictures. All the nurses looked so nice. Mommy, on the other hand, probably could have used a mirror and some blotting sheets. Shhhh...don't tell her I said anything. She's so sensitive sometimes.

Sunday was Big Daddy's birthday. He turned 33. Mommy was very happy because he's back to being older than her. Despite feeling crummy, Mommy got up and made Big Daddy pancakes and bacon. It sure did smell good. I don't remember our place smelling that good on MY birthday. Oh wait. That's because I didn't get a special breakfast on MY birthday. In fact, no one remembered MY birthday this year. Yeah, no hard feelings...grumble grumble. Mommy and Big Daddy were supposed to take the babies out to run errands in the afternoon, but that's when sickness really hit Mommy. Big Daddy told her to go to bed. So she did, and I snuggled next to her. We didn't get up again until later that night.

The past few days since the weekend have been pretty mellow. Mommy has been home with the boys and me. I like it, because she lets me curl up next to her on the couch. She's also been wearing funny things on her face. Big Daddy says she's covering her mouth because she doesn't want to get us all sick. My favorite was the silk scarf she wore yesterday. I liked it, although it scared Henry and Drew. I think they're too young to appreciate her fashion sense. At one point on Monday, Mommy was on the couch and decided to take pictures of the boys from her vantage point. They were being really funny that day. I think we were all trying to cheer her up. She seemed really sad about being sick. Big Daddy had to stay home yesterday because Mommy couldn't take care of any of us. Poor Mommy. And poor Big Daddy. He seemed stressed. I guess work has been hard lately. You know what's just as hard? Deciding whether to eat or sleep.

Well, I'm kind of spent after all this typing. The foot of Mommy and Big Daddy's bed is calling me. But before I go, Mommy says I have to post the pictures of the boys she took on Monday. So, they are below. I've also posted another picture --- of me! It's just a hint to Mommy, Big Daddy, Henry, and Drew that it's never too late to say 'Happy Birthday.'

Drew thinks this is how you're supposed to sit in a bouncer


Henry tries to escape his play yard


Me, fishing for birthday wishes

4 comments:

Aimee Molloy said...

so cute - what a great writer you are - just another MOMO mom here - checking out your adorable blog. Your boys are so cute!

Connie said...

So cute...Gatsby you are brilliant!! I hope your mama feels better. I am so jealous she and Henry and Drew got to meet Chuck, Weezie and their mama....how super fun!!

Lottie_Ellie said...

Gatsby you are a very cute blogger!

I am sorry to hear your Mommy is under the weather. It was sweet of you to take over for her and help out.

My sisters told me all about meeting your brothers and they said they were the cutest little boys they had ever met. I am looking forward to meeting them myself in November.

Tracy said...

you have quite a way with words Gatsby. please tell your mommy that I hope she is feeling better & that NO ONE else catches it.
blessings