Thursday, January 8, 2009

A new year, a new me

Wow. I am such a slacker. I can't believe I haven't updated my blog in a few months. Since this is my virtual baby book, I have to be better about recording the boys' progress.

So much has happened since September. Henry and Drew have gone from crawling to standing to cruising. In the past week, both graduated from their physical therapy programs. They are officially Georgetown alumni for the second time. If only I had little caps and gowns. And just today, Drew took his first few steps forward with me holding one hand. I was so excited, I let go of his hand and ran to get my blackberry to email Jeff. Drew stood there for a second then plopped onto his behind as if he didn't just have a milestone. Babies! If only they understood.

The boys also talk now. Well, 'talk' might be an overstatement. They mostly say "Da Da." I have to admit, it kind of drives me crazy. I'm here with them all the time, and they call me Dada. They call everything Dada. Except for Gatsby cat. When they see him, they yell, "Ga!" or "Ca!" They can pretty much say the cat's name, but they don't say Mama. *sigh* I'm trying to get them to say "Ma Ma" but just when they put their lips together like they're going to say it, they scream "Da! Da!"

I think of all the recent developments, one of my favorites is that the boys actually interact now. They talk to each other in their cribs when they go to sleep at night, and they babble and crack each other up in the morning when they wake up. And when they're playing during the day, they occupy the same two square feet of space despite the fact that their play area takes up our entire living room. They play hide and seek, they fight, they pull each other's hair, they pull at each other's diapers, they've had a few face mask penalties, and when I separate them, they cry. It's so cute!

It feels as though the past 11 1/2 months have flown by and, aside from two flash drives filled with pictures, I've only recorded small portions of it.

Here are a few pictures we've taken since my last post:

With me at a pumpkin patch:


Before Boo at the Zoo (Halloween):


The whole family in Tallahassee during Thanksgiving:


With the Santa at Tyson's Corner:


Looking out at the snow in NY during Christmas:


Happy New Year, Everyone! Please keep visiting us to see how the twins are doing in their second year! xoxo

3 comments:

Connie said...

Welcome back...I have been slacking too, and have all of these half-finished stories as posts etc.....these girls don't give me too much free time anymore!! Those are some great photos!

Molly said...

Thanks, Connie! I have no excuse, I only have twins. I marvel at how you do it with five kids!

girlytwins said...

Welcome back!! I keep checking in every so often. It surely will be easier to keep up with this the older they get.

You have some really great pics. The boys are so big and so cute!!!