Today, I had lunch with a friend and her adorable 17 month-old daughter at one of my favorite shopping areas in DC. Afterward, I went into Neiman Marcus to warm up after our walk outside, look around, and get my parking validated. It was there that I realized Henry's shoe was missing. When I say shoe, I mean little bear bootie (the ones in the Santa picture from a previous post). Since the boys don't walk yet, I don't have real shoes for them to wear outside, so to keep them warm, I put them in booties. Unfortunately, they love to take them off. But I digress...
Determined to find his "shoe," I retraced my steps all around the three-story store (I know I didn't lose it before then), through the baby department, in Contemporary, down to handbags and makeup, and back up to Customer Service. This was no easy task because besides looking for a shoe the size of a dinner roll, I was so focused on carefully winding my double-wide through the maze of fragile displays of Jo Malone bottles and Judith Leiber bags and making sure the boys didn't pull the cashmere sweaters off the racks. Fortunately, the sales staff was incredibly nice and they all tried to help me (or make sure I wasn't some crazy woman trying to steal their Hermes by using twins as a distraction). After an hour, yes AN HOUR, I found it under a display of jeans. Henry must have hurled that bootie across Contemporary because I was nowhere near that section. In the car on the way home, I thought to myself, why did I spent so much time (and $4, so much for that validation) looking for a $5 shoe? My sandwich at lunch cost more than that and I didn't even finish it. Why did that shoe matter so much? Ugh!
By the time we got home, the boys were hungry again. I decided to give them diced cheese. This was only the second time they'd had cheese and man, they LOVED it! So much so that Drew did a dance. This is what he'd do: He'd walk up to me, open his mouth and say "ahhhh!" I've give him a piece of cheese, he'd smile and chew it, then he'd crawl to the corner of his play area, and rock back and forth on his hands and knees. Then, he'd come back to me and open his mouth for more cheese. He didn't just do this a couple of times, he did it at least 10 times. It was hilarious! If he does this tomorrow, I'm totally taking video.
2 comments:
We left a shoe in front of Sur La Tabla just a few weeks ago. Those things are dangerous!
The girls adore cheese. I am amazed that there seems to be no variety that they do not adore. Just don't let them get hooked on cow girl creamery; that stuff is EXPENSIVE.
I have searched for countless lost items - so frustrating. I have thought about duck taping their shoes on . . ..
cheese - my girls LOVE it as well. when in doubt - cheese.
Post a Comment