Thursday, February 11, 2010

B is for Buggy

Five years ago, Jeff and I came across a painting at a store in Old Town Alexandria. It was called "B is for Buggy". After more than two years of unsuccessful attempts at getting pregnant, I was looking for a sign that would bring us luck. This painting was it. Eventually, it worked. So after the boys were born, we hung it up on the wall in their room high above their cribs. Little did I know, Jeff put it up with thumbtacks (don't get me started...). This wasn't a problem until they became more active and would jump in their cribs to try to reach it. About a month or so ago, Henry finally knocked it down during their naptime. Not unexpected, it freaked him out. After that incident, we put B is Buggy in the closet for safekeeping.

I'm not sure why Jeff decided to put the picture back up the other day, but he did. And apparently, instead of upsetting Henry, the picture now scares Drew. The moment he saw it, Drew became agitated and wanted only to be held. Jeff took it down. But to make sure it was the picture that was causing Drew distress, Jeff brought it out of the closet again today. Drew ran from it screaming. Despite an empty wall above his crib, Drew now becomes bothered when we put him down for a nap or bedtime. I'm not sure what to do. I hope this behavior is temporary. If not, we might have to admit B is for Buggy's luck has run out and ceremoniously throw it out the window with Drew's help. B is for Bye-Bye.

No comments: