Go ahead. Make fun of me. A tour guide had to tell me that there are 435 voting members of the House of Representatives (apparently, that is common knowledge). But that's not the craziest (or saddest) part. After all the years of rolling my eyes at segway riders, I discovered that segway riding is really cool! In fact, touring the Mall on one is so much better than walking or taking a double decker tour bus. Dare I say, it is exhilarating!
I went with my department as part of our annual summer outing. Segs in the City provided the guided tour. (Cute name, right? The hundreds of the junior high tourists we encountered emphatically agree). I was a little embarrassed by how I couldn't answer a single history trivia question our tour guide asked, but I was pleased by how adept I became at riding my segway. By the end of the outing, I was still a history dunce, but such a pro at maneuvering the segway that it felt more natural than walking.
If I could, I would ride one of these things everywhere. But each segway costs as much as a used car, so I'm stuck walking when I sightsee. It's a good thing I earned my Segs in the City license because now I can rent from them whenever I want and take my segway wherever I want. Maybe I'll even take it to the National Archives so I can brush up on my knowledge of who actually signed the Declaration of Independence. (This might explain the 3 I scored on my AP exam.) So if you see me tooling around DC on one, wave and say 'hi'. Or, roll your eyes. I won't notice, because I'll probably have long sped past you anyway :)
| Do you think the President rides a segway? |
No comments:
Post a Comment