Friday, May 25, 2012

Last Day of School

Okay, folks. I know I've been negligent about posting anything for many, many months. In fact, I left off with the kids' first day of school. And here I am picking up with their last day of school. So much has happened between September and May, I will need some time to catch up. In the meantime, I want to post a few things.

First is the thank you card we created for their wonderful teachers. When Jeff and I were looking for a preschool last year, we were nervous about finding the right one. I sought the advice and recommendations from countless people. Then, one day, we happened upon a sign outside of the Catholic church near Jeff's office. They offered five-day-a-week preschool for three year olds. We hadn't heard any reviews about it and no one on DC Urban Mom had talked about it. Nevertheless, we took a leap of faith and applied. It was one of the best quick decisions we've ever made. Not only was the school the perfect combination of structured and loving, the boys' teachers were so attentive and nurturing. We cannot believe how much the boys have learned in nine months. I wish they could stay in their Beautiful Butterfly class forever.


The second thing I want to share is a video from their last day pageant. Along with the entire preschool, they performed "This Little Light of Mine." Drew practiced at home when he thought Jeff and I weren't looking. He sang under his breath for weeks beforehand. You can tell by the enthusiasm in his arm movements, which I think are very graceful and controlled. I hope you can pick him and Henry out of the crowd. All the kids are wearing tie-dyed t-shirts they made in class.


Finally, a comparison of the first day and the last day of school. Do they look older and smarter?

September 6, 2011

May 25, 2012

I admit, I cried today. Actually, I may have sobbed uncontrollably. With at least 18 years left of finales and graduations, I'm a goner.

No comments: