Saturday, July 5, 2008

New version of me

So I started my blog yesterday and I realized how ridiculously long the URL was. This one isn't that short either, but somanyboyssolittletime.blogspot.com bugged me. One of the things about me that drives Jeff up the wall is that I obsess about little things, like URLs, and dwell on them until I make changes. Usually, I repeatedly ask him what I should do until he simply ignores me. Well, this decision came quickly and that is why the address has changed. As the two of you who may have visited my previous site have noticed, so, too, has the look of my page. For those of you who didn't visit yesterday to read my inaugural post, I provided it below. I don't have many updates for today. The boys are doing great, Jeff is a rock star, and Gatsby is lazy. Enjoy the flashback that follows!



Post from July 4, 2008...

It's the 4th of July, five and half months since the boys were born, and I'm just now starting this blog. I thought I would do this when I went inpatient at Georgetown back in November, but I chose to sleep and watch Gilmore Girls reruns and soap operas with my mom to doing much else. So, I'm a little behind, but what can I say? I'm a procrastinator. Obviously.

Anyhoo, I've decided to create this blog for friends and family to keep track of the boys' progress. Also, I will keep everyone updated on Jeff and our firstborn bundle of furry love, Gatsby...and me, of course. This past week was eventful and rather stressful, to say the least. Being a last minute couple, Jeff and I decided (FINALLY) to trade in our beloved Mazda 3 for the Mazda CX-9. Although we loved our little car - we named him Trey - we realized that it probably wasn't the best car to have for the boys and all their stuff. And, oh boy, do twins come with A LOT of stuff. Jeff spent the better part of Monday at the Mazda dealership and came home that night, exhausted, with our beautiful new car. Yay! Just don't ask him details about how it went. He is still too tired to answer. Zoom-zoom.

Then, on Wednesday, after a few days of having chest and shoulder pain, I decided to go to the emergency room. Since the boys had their physical therapy appointment at Georgetown, I walked down the hall and into the ER, while Jeff attended to the boys' in PT. I knew it wasn't going to be a quick check-up, but I didn't expect to be there for a solid five hours. I know, stupid me. And it wasn't the chest x-ray, the EKG, the CT scan, the pint of blood, or the IV that bothered me. It was the fact that some old sleaze asked me for my number. Picture it, I'm sitting on my assigned gurney reading the Patients' Rights and Responsibilities posted on the wall next to me when this guy on the stretcher behind me had the nerve to walk up and hit on me. Perhaps I was too nice when I smiled at him as he hobbled by, but he came in for chest pain, too. So I was empathetic. You may wonder who would hit on someone in the ER? Well, I have his card - I only took it so he'd leave me alone - for anyone who wants the answer.

It turns out I'm okay, except for a little fluid in my right lung and pleurisy. I was giving antibiotics and a prescription for Vicodin. I'm still in some pretty bad pain, but nicely drugged up on 600mg ibuprofen. I took the Vicodin yesterday since Jeff kindly stayed home to work and watch the boys, but I didn't like how it made me feel. Unlike Jeff, I do not like medication.

Jeff took the boys to their pediatrician on the same day as their PT appointment and my ER fiasco. I'm telling you, Wednesday was insane. Henry has a rash on his neck, or what we like to call the rolls of chubbiness under his chin. Turns out it's normal. I know, all you parents out there must know it's normal, but Jeff and I are totally new at this! After all, we were the ones who called the nurses at the NICU with questions only an hour after the boys were discharged. So, the doctor told us to put Lotrimin on his neck (foot cream?!) to prevent a yeast infection (on my baby? what?!).

And, here we are today. It's Friday, thank tha lawd! We're taking it easy today. We dressed the boys in red, white, and blue. Poor things won't see the fireworks, though. Their bedtime is between 7:30 and 8, but they can live vicariously through us as we watch them on PBS from the comfort of our living room. Perhaps next year, we'll go to the Mall to watch, or is that only for drunk interns and crazy people?

Happy Independence Day, everyone! I've posted a couple of recent pictures for you to enjoy, including a couple from today.

We love our red, white, and blue!


Can we have sparklers?


Mommy and Daddy say we were worth the wait


Peace, brother.

5 comments:

Laura said...

This is Laura from the MOMO site. The boys look adorable! So grown up. I hope you feel better pleurisy (sp) is SO painful! Take care of yourself and rest as much as you can (with twins thats a ha ha).

Claremont First Ward said...

Angie from the momo site here. You've done such a great job on your blog. The boys are so adorable. I hope you feel better, too. Doesn't sound like fun. At all! :)

nikki said...

nikki, also from the momo site. :) your boys are so darn cute!! i'm sure you know that already, though. :)

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

OMGosh, they're SO cute! I love their peace shirts. I'm glad you're blogging!

Molly said...

Thanks so much for visiting, ladies! I'm feeling much better. When the doctor told me to take it easy, I just laughed. I wish!