Six months ago today, my little miracles were born. As some of you know, Henry and Drew are monoamniotic/monochorionic twins. This means they not only shared a chorionic sac (like most identicals), they also shared an amniotic sac. This type of twinning is not only extremely rare, it is extremely high-risk. Because there wasn't a membrane separating them, the boys risked cord entanglement and cord compression. As I type this and I think about how lucky Jeff and I are that our boys were born healthy, I begin to tear up. I think I'd packed away all the emotions from the 32 stressful weeks of my pregnancy (including eight in the hospital) and the boys' six weeks in the NICU, trying to remain focused on the future, because it has been a while since I've really cried over them. I sit here, looking around my living room at the two bouncy chairs, two gym mats, two high chairs, and piles of toys, and I think about how perfect my life is. It is now over a year since we found out we were expecting, a little less than that since we found we were having twins, and exactly six months since their birth - the absolute best day of our lives.
To celebrate our boys' half-birthday, I've compiled a list of their latest accomplishments:
- Rolling over, back to tummy and tummy to back
- Pushing up while on their tummies and looking around
- Grasping at objects with more control
- Laughing and giggling at Mommy's and Daddy's funny faces, singing, and jokes
- Babbling, especially Drew
- Sitting up for short periods of time with a little support
- Pushing themselves across their mats using their feet
So here's to you, Henry and Drew! Happy 6 months, little ones! We love you!!!

3 comments:
Happy half birthday! I am a big believer in half birthdays and I am especially glad to celebrate the half birthday of such super cuties!
Happy half b-day - loved the pics. That first year is soo amazing & emotional, eh?
congrats - blessings.
Happy half birthday boys! You have come a long way. They are so cute. Time is going by way too fast.
Post a Comment