I was all set to come back from vacation and post pictures of our fun time at the beach. Instead, I am sitting here in the dark, exhausted and barely able to string together the right words to form a coherent sentence.
On Sunday, we came home with one sick boy and we knew the other one was not far behind. Since then, we haven't had a chance to do anything but give nebulizer treatments and dose out tylenol and motrin every three hours. By some miracle, our suitcases are unpacked, but otherwise, our place is in a state of disarray. Betty was able to do some of our laundry and straighten up yesterday, but it returned to disaster status just moments after she left.
As if we weren't already sleep-deprived, at 4am this morning, Jeff took Henry to the ER because his fever had persisted around 102 degrees for more than 48 hours despite the regular doses of medication he'd been receiving. He also seemed to have trouble breathing, which we do not take lightly. After only a short wait to be seen (PS --- if you need to go to Children's ER, go at 4am), we found out he has pneumonia. So now we're throwing two daily doses of amoxicillin into the mix.
Drew is about a day behind Henry in feeling crummy. His fever has hovered around 99 degrees over the past 24 hours, but spiked to 102.2 tonight. Rather than alternating shifts like we did last night, Jeff and I have split duties. He is on Henry-watch and I'm on Drew-watch.
I do feel that it's hard to complain since we just got back from a very relaxing vacation, but the last few days have made it seem like a year has passed since we were on the beach. Maybe a wine-in-a-juice box would help, but at this point, I'd rather have two consecutive hours of sleep. Anyway, once we all get enough rest, I will catch everyone up on our super-fun trip to the Redneck Riviera. Later, gators.
No comments:
Post a Comment