The boys' latest favorite activity is to wrestle. It usually starts when one of them takes a book or a toy from the other. Then the smackdown ensues. It either involves pulling hair until the other brother falls or grabbing the shirt or collar and throwing the brother on the ground. I step in to separate them and try to rationally explain why this is unacceptable. It keeps them separated for a while, then it starts again. Sometimes, there is no provocation involved; it just happens.
People tell me it's because they're boys. I don't know. I'm still trying to figure this out. Right now, my goal is to be consistent in my response to the behavior (and make sure they don't hurt each other.) Of course, once I've succeeded in handling the toddler version of WWE, they'll figure out how to do somersaults off tables. Sigh.
1 comment:
My girls do this too. I don't think they are as bad but it seems so sometimes. I feel your frustration.
Post a Comment