This huge milestone in my pregnancy meant that Henry and Drew could have been delivered and might have had a chance of making it. Obviously, that would have been a less than ideal situation, given all the hurdles they would face if born at 24 weeks, but the point is we made it to a time in gestation when the NICU would intervene.
November 26, 2007 and my checking into the hospital probably mean more to Jeff and me than they ever will to anyone else, including the boys, but it's a time I will celebrate forever. Certainly, it's not as memorable as the day the boys were born, but it will always be special to us.
So, today, as we make a toast to all the things we are thankful for, I'm including a special thanks to GUH's Labor & Delivery department, particularly, Dr. Collea, Dr. Hickey, Dr. Amini, Dr. Alvis, Dr. Berggson, and all my incredible nurses --- Gemma, Hadley, Emily, Kellie, Kelly, Colleen, Kai, Miriam, Yvonne, Joffrey, Shannon, Molly, Bridget, Juliet, and Ronni. And also, thanks to Elizabeth, my momo mom friend. I can't thank you enough for all of your advice and support during my pregnancy.
My home away from home:






1 comment:
It is highly surreal to read this while it GUH is still my home away from home. I have moved on from AP3 to LR7, but I certainly understand all of the sentiments included within your post. Having gotten to 32 weeks today, it's great to have hope that these two little girls will be as cute as your little boys.
Post a Comment