In the last day two things have happened. First, I've discovered that all the pants that fit the boys last week are suddenly ankle length. Did they have a growth spurt overnight? Was I simply oblivious to their clothing below the knees? Of course, I'm now frantically looking for sales online so I can get pants the next size up. All the pants I ordered from the Gap sale last weekend have to go back. Sigh. You'd think I'd be excited about shopping, but for some reason, I feel stressed out about it. Example #56473 that I've become my mom.
The second thing that took place happened just minutes ago. For the first time, Drew climbed out of his crib. I put him in there while I was changing Henry's diaper in the living room. Suddenly, I heard crying that sounded like it was approaching. Next thing I know, Drew is standing next to me, screaming. Sadly, my first reaction wasn't, how is my baby? Rather, it was, OH MY GOD. NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?
Somehow this weekend became infinitely more busy. In addition to our typical activities, we have to tack on pants shopping and figuring out if we can teach them not to climb out of their cribs until I, er, they are ready. I was hoping to go a bit longer until we got their big boy beds (and 18-24 month pants, for that matter), but maybe that is just wishful thinking.
1 comment:
They must have grown overnight just like my girls did. :)
They do sell crib tents...LOL To keep them in a bit longer.
Post a Comment