Life with my identical twin boys, husband and 21 lb cat. So many boys, so little time
Sunday, June 12, 2011
City life
While I do not like being taxed without having representation, I love living in DC. I feel like this love for my city is a recurring theme on this blog, but it is tried and true. Nearly everything we need is within walking distance of our home. The supermarket, pharmacy, bookstore, restaurants and park can be reached by foot and/or stroller. A good friend of mine lives right across the street. If that wasn't enough to make me want to stay in the district, my commute to work is unparalleled. It's only three metro stops away and I can go from door to door within 20 minutes. The kids' pediatrician is also just a few metro stops away. This is why the idea of moving to Northern Virginia scares me. I know we're not moving to outer Mongolia, though some of the places we've looked at come pretty close. I also know it's a good thing. We need more space. I'd love to have more than a couple of bedrooms, a kitchen that is bigger than a small walk-in closet and a yard for my kids. We're not exactly close to moving, but I know it is imminent. When the day comes, it will be bittersweet. Until then, I plan on spending many days enjoying what I have nearby because soon enough, I will need a car to go anywhere. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment