Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day morning round-up

Henry and I woke up early on Sunday morning to make breakfast for Jeff. Drew, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with being awake at 7am. After realizing our cupboards were bare, I put sneakers on Henry and we headed to the supermarket.

My little boy had a great time pushing his cart around and selecting food to buy. He wanted to buy raisins because he likes the Sun-Maid lady (thanks, PBS Kids), but I had to tell him that Daddy doesn't like raisins. He said he they weren't for Daddy and insisted on getting a little six-pack so Drew, Gatsby and I could have our own box. Sorry, Jeff, how could I argue with that?



When we arrived at the checkout stand, I had to leave behind half of his cart's contents because he had put in a number of unnecessary items, including tonic water and canned corn, but we'd gotten everything we needed for a decent meal. When we arrived home, I found Drew asleep in the chair next to our bed. Jeff told me that he came to our room because he didn't want to be alone.

A half hour later, we had a nice breakfast of blueberry muffins, eggs, bacon and fruit, then Jeff opened the homemade presents from his boys.


Afterward, I retired to bed until noon.

It really was a great Father's Day morning.

No comments: