Both of my sons love to sing, especially Drew. When he's not talking, which he does constantly, he's singing. And he's good. I find this surprising since neither Jeff nor I can carry a tune. I think he gets it from his PapaLo, who is a very good singer.
Several months ago, Jeff and I decided to pretend we had lost the boys' favorite kid music CDs. We did this so that when we were in the car, there was nothing to listen to but the radio. We just couldn't take it anymore. The people singing nursery rhymes on the Baby Einsteins CD started to sound drugged out and the Parents' rockin' nursery rhymes were testing our nerves. Around the same time, we came across Sesame Street clips on YouTube. We found videos of performances by Jason Mraz, Feist, will.i.am (Henry's favorite) and Katy Perry (Drew's favorite). This discovery helped with the transition from nursery rhymes to Top 40.
Drew's favorite song quickly became Hot and Cold because that's what Katy Perry performed in her infamous, online-only Sesame Street appearance. Soon, he also started to like Firework, California Gurls and Teenage Dream. I have to admit it is somewhat bizarre hearing your three-year old sing lines from Teenage Dream, but it's also pretty cute (and harmless, I hope).
Henry loves most of the same songs as his brother. And he sometimes sings along with Drew. But while Drew listens to the words in order to sing them, Henry dances. And by dances, I mean jumps up and down, waving his arms. To be honest (and not biased in any way), the Green boys really make a perfect team. We have a singer and a dancer. Maybe someday they'll form a boy band. I just hope they never ask me to sing background vocals.
Drew singing "Hey, Soul Sister"
No comments:
Post a Comment