On Saturday, we made our first ever trip to
Cabin John Park. I'm embarrassed to admit that we've tried to go there before, but even with a GPS, we got lost and ended up at another
Cabin John Park, which is very different. However, that misadventure is the reason Jeff and I are two of the few people in DC who know there are two Cabin John Parks in the metro area and, it's likely, have ever been to the latter 'local' park. Seriously, Montgomery Parks and Rec, who thought it was a good idea to give two parks the same name? Anyway, we finally made it to the one we really wanted and it was great! The boys loved the playground and the train. I'll have to ask my father-in-law for more pics, but I was able to snap this one on my iPhone.
Drew gives a thumbs up to the bridge overlooking the train track
Today was the first day that the Turtle Park sprayground was open. As many parents in Ward 3 know, this marks the beginning of summer. We love Turtle Park and I anticipate many MANY trips here throughout the summer.
Drew jumps right into the sprays
Half an hour in, Drew is soaked and ready to leave, while Henry is still contemplating getting wet
No comments:
Post a Comment