Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Getting dressed

Mornings can be a struggle around here. Not because the kids disagree on breakfast ("I want pancakes!" "No, I want waffles!") and not because they are picky about what they wear (Drew only likes two of his many t-shirts and both he and Henry only want to wear gym shorts). What make mornings a pain in the...bottom is that the boys often want to dress themselves. Initially, I thought. 'what a great development.' They can get themselves dressed so I can attend to the dozen other things I need to do to start the day. However, when they dress themselves, I need to be there to provide encouragement and supervision. Have you ever seen a three-year-old with his arms and head tied up in a t-shirt with no way of seeing? Or seen a twin brother trying to "help"?

This morning, I decided to document Henry getting himself dressed. It took more than 45 minutes from the time he selected his t-shirt to him actually wearing it, the correct way. For the record, he is saying, "DON'T help me," which is why I'm not doing anything.
 





No comments: